01 Jun ISEA2020 ONLINE: CONNECT. BREAK THE DISTANCE
For immediate release
ISEA2020 ONLINE: CONNECT. BREAK THE DISTANCE
Montreal, June 10, 2020 — ISEA2020 from October 13 to 18, 2020 goes entirely digital, with an innovative experiential format.
The worldwide COVID-19 outbreak has forced ISEA2020 in Montreal to be postponed to October 13 to 18. The physical distancing measures put in place in many countries and the travel restrictions imposed to prevent the spread of the pandemic mean that we cannot all be physically present in Montreal. Montreal Digital Spring (Printemps numérique) – the organizers of ISEA2020 – have thus decided to make the symposium a 100% online event. Our team is currently working on the platform that will allow us to come together, connect, and exchange knowledge and practices, despite the physical distance. We worked with our partners and collaborators, experts in art, design, science and technology to (if only begin to) reinvent the format of academic interdisciplinary conferencing!
Read the academic chairs’ statements regarding the ISEA2020 online turn here.
Our main strategies for ISEA2020 Online:
- Programming: ISEA2020 is a full week of research and creation, 100% online, with more than 300 international speakers and artists from over 40 countries.
- Connecting: We are working on the online platform to ensure we meet ISEA’s core values of encouraging and promoting creative exchanges between diverse groups; of creating opportunities for networking and informal meetings, in addition to ensuring the good flow of panel sessions.
- Programming for all the time-zones: From October 13 to 16, conference presentations will unfold over 16 consecutive hours each day, in order to include participants in all the time zones, from East Asia to the west Americas.
- Reduced registration fee: The registration fee has been reduced. In addition to saving travel costs, ISEA2020 Online is accessible at a significantly reduced fee, hoping it will attract a larger number of participants, including more students and independent artists.
- Live Q&A: All presentation sessions, including keynote sessions, will include live Q&A periods, mediated by invited delegates.
- Art Programming: We are working with artists and partners on strategies to showcase the selected projects and special programming.
While we regret not seeing you in Montreal, the new format will make ISEA2020 accessible to a larger number and will certainly contribute to a broader discussion on how to produce and transfer knowledge and showcase art through connected digital communication platforms. Our team is committed to ensuring the high standard of creative and academic contributions that is paramount to ISEA.
You can now purchase your ISEA2020 Online Pass at the Early Bird rates of CAD $99 (regular) and CAD $69 (students), offer valid until August 13. If you purchased your pass before June 10 several options are available to compensate you for the price difference. Please refer to this form.
NEW DEADLINE TO REGISTER (for presenters)
The deadline to register, to upload the camera-ready papers, and to fill in the Zone Festival form is July 27 at 11:59 pm (GMT-5).
We updated our website. Please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ page. If you have a specific question, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org for academic presentations / email@example.com for artworks / ISEA2020@printempsnumerique.ca for general questions/registration.